Anyway, Happy Belated One Year Anniversary…
The show must continue, so I’m still on vacation which will be officially over on Monday (tomorrow). My vacation has been pretty relaxing while I’ve been doing working around the house. Hold on, I don’t know if that makes any sense... Vacations are defined as an intermission and/or an exemption from work...But I still did work around the house… So the question is, was it or was it not a vacation? I guess I can define my vacation as “I took a vacation from one of my many jobs”…Ok that makes no sense… Let me just stop... My head is starting to hurt thinking about it… Sorry for the off track thought.
Anyway, in my last entry, I discussed how I removed the rug in the living room. So I decided to carry that rug removing motivation over to the master bedroom. I guess I should first describe what I’m dealing with. The master bedroom walls are covered with a wall paper that has pink and blue flowers. I’m a big fan of the light switch. The lady shoe light switch certainly defines me and the room (sarcasm)… So I guess the previous owner was attempting to match the wallpaper with a rug that has a color of hot pink. A while back I had place a Gatorade on the floor and accidentally toppled it over it on the rug. The stain was pretty bright within the rug.
Master bedroom with the pink rug
Floor after removing the rug
The bedroom floors are in a much better shape then the living room. I still plan on sanding and staining the floor... But, because I wanted to finish the living room first, I decided to just remove the rug and finish the room later.
I was also able to finally finish the back hallway. I had mentioned the back steps prior to the tenants moved in. The landing and steps were damaged pretty badly. There were nails sticking up and three steps were damaged. So for the landing, I install .25 inch thick plywood then laid new peal and stick flooring.
Back hallway, before
Three damaged steps
Back hallway, with the repaired steps
The landing with the new floor installed
Back hallway completed, painted with new threads
After completing the back hallway, I continued the process of painting the living room. The primer was certainly dried by the time I started to paint the new color. The color that I had selected was called Beach walk. The color is a yellowish brown. I painted the trim with a color called Glow. See it glowing… I painted the trim only with one coat. The reason being is that I still need to install the new windows and new trim work. Then I’ll paint the second coat. Also, I’m kind of stuck on what to do about the brick work. I’m actually thinking of putting a decorative shelf in front. But, I’ll decide on that in next couple days.
Here is a picture of the living room with the new paint
Here is a picture of the living room with the floors cleaned. They also still need to be refinished.
Here is a picture of the brick work...
Here is a picture showing one of the outlets that I plan on replacing
Also, over the pass year, I had a pile of rubbish that accumulated. It was generated from upstairs and my place...Well over the weekend I was finally able to completely remove all of the trash and debris. Now I am able to park my truck in its place and free up another parking space for any visitors.
Here is a picture with the trash removed and my truck in its place.
Things are starting to slowly come around... I still have a lot of things that I want to do to the place. But I guess they can wait for now…Well until next time, happy building…