Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A blessing in disguise…

The pressure of accomplishing things around the house has been pretty high lately. Of course, I’m the captain of my own ship and must stay focus. For the month of April, my agenda consist of attending a wedding in New Jersey, starting a new job (Yes again), move out of my apartment, finish fixing things in the first floor apartment and clean both apartments. By the way, did I forget to mention that all of this must be accomplished by May 1…The list of things that still need to be accomplished for the first floor apartment continues to grow of course. But the show must go on…

I was able to install the bi-fold doors in the master bedroom. It was certainly much more easier than I had originally thought. The installation was simple, however, I was unable to get the doors squared properly…However the doors look a lot better than the original sliding doors. The good news, I didn’t get hurt…

IMG_3142IMG_3143

I next decided to install the light fixture in the living room. I had to first remove the old dust infested ceiling fan. The removal of any electrical fixture is far more easier when you (or I) shut the power off properly. I also replace the dimmer switch with a standard toggle switch.

IMG_3145

IMG_3150

Ok, one bi-fold door down, two more to go. One light fixture down, two more to go… But, I do have some bad news… The first floor apartment will not be occupied in May. The potential tenant had a personal issue, thus withdrew their request to occupy the first floor apartment. However, in reality, like the title of this entry states…”A blessing in disguise” which it certainly is…I can rest a little more easily… Anyway, I have a week off and will be sanding and staining the floors shortly.. Well until next time, happy building…

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails