Sunday, September 14, 2008

Finally things are starting to come together...

Well with the bathroom demolished... I wanted to wait till the roof was completely fix prior to finishing it. Just in case the roofer needs access... So I moved onto other projects around the second floor apartment... So I started in the kitchen and in the living room...


So for the kitchen, I purchase a new stove and a new four drawer cabinet. The cabinet now serves as a help station. Before it was just a stove in that corner... It is certainly functional for someone cooking...Now you have a place to put your ingredients and/or prepared foods..


Ok here was a slight set back that I wasn't really expecting... The previous owners had a dryer where the new cabinet is located, in the picture above. Well as you can see the cabinet is about 3 inches taller then the older cabinets. I was thinking that all cabinets were all standard. Yes of course I didn't measure... So I decided to remove all of the cabinets and purchase new ones... Just the bottom ones...

So in the living room, I removed the rug of death. When doing so, I discovered that there were no hardwood floors... It was just plywood. So I was going to install the laminate hardwood floor.. But realize that it was easy and much more cost effective to install the real stuff... So I installed real hardwood flooring upstairs in the living room... Check them out...


It was truly not that hard... I rented a floor nailer from Home Depot and went to town... That thing was awesome. I am now planning on installing them in the front hallway.. The best part is that the floors were pre-finished with stain and poly.

Well back to the kitchen after completing the Living room... The color escape me, but I figured that the color should be softer, but fun... I chose this sun type yellow and a soft white color for the trim. I purchase some peal-n-stick flooring that is a light brown... kind of like sand... I think the kitchen really looks nice now..



The fire color red was extinguished with the soft white.


The original cabinets were removed and will be replace with 3 identical cabinets.. New plywood was installed to level the flooring where the new cabinets will be places...

The next entry will go into better detail of what happen with the lawyer and the new floor discovery...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails